- In the 1930s, Madam Yao Yecheng, Jiang Jieshi's second wife, lived at Jiang Residence and had her photo taken in the grounds.
- On September 25, 1958, Comrade Liu Shaoqi posed for a group photo in front of Lixi Pavilion along with Suzhou city leaders and hotel staff.
- On February 27, 1971, Vice Chairman Ye Jianying held a banquet in honour of Cambodian Prince Sihanouk and Princess Monique atGarden HotelSuzhou.
- From May 30-June 1, 1981, Belgium's King Baudouin I and Queen Fabiola stayed atGarden Hotel
- From February 6-9, 1983, comrade Deng Xiaoping stayed atGarden Hotel, pronouncing his dreams for a well-off society
- Comrade Wan Li was a regular guest of theGarden Hotel. Here he poses with Suzhou city leaders and hotel staff in 1985